Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Review: Hammer and Tongs and a Rusty Nail

Hammer and Tongs and a Rusty NailHammer and Tongs and a Rusty Nail by Ian Tregillis
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This is a 1-star review. That accurately reflects my experience.

As this is really just a short story, the review will be equally short.

Tor published this short story that is part of George R.R. Martin's "Wild Cards" universe. I made it 20% of the way through before stopping. At that point, I really didn't care about the characters and really didn't have a great idea of their abilities or limitations. I've enjoyed all of the other Wild Cards stories I've ever read.

I might have continued on and given this a 2 or a 3-star rating. But the publisher and their copyeditor didn't show up for this project. It seemed like there was a spelling issue on every other page. Mostly just missing spaces that were needed to split up two words that had mistakenly conjoined.

The author didn't care enough to run spell-check. The editor didn't care enough to do the same thing. Avoid this story and move onto the next.

View all my reviews

No comments: