Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Forgotten by Bishop O'Connell - A Goodreads Review

The Forgotten (An American Fairie Tale, #2)The Forgotten by Bishop O'Connell

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


3 stars - barely - on my scale, a 3 star book was an OK read, but I'm likely to give it away as I won't want to read it again.

This book violated Dann's Dictum for authors.  Simply put, don't write a series unless you can make every installment top notch work.  While the first book was great, I had to work to get through this one.

There was far too much magic that was nebulous.  The protagonist almost wanders along in a bit of a fog.  The use of higher mathematical symbology for the protagonist's means of expressing magic was a little clunky.

Also, my digital copy of the book contained at least a dozen easy to fix grammar and spelling problems.  The publisher just didn't put enough effort into making this the best book possible.



View all my reviews

No comments: