Saturday, September 9, 2023

Review: The Wrong Game

The Wrong Game (The Eden Chronicles #5)The Wrong Game by S.M. Anderson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a 3-star review which is a reasonable estimate of my experience with this book.

The saga continues. People from our Earth have escaped to a parallel Earth called "Eden". They are fighting a war against another group of humans that came from a third parallel Earth. There is a fourth parallel Earth waiting in the wings.

Honestly, if you have read the first 4 books, then there won't be all that many surprises. The author is turning the crank on an established series. If you like the first 4 books, then this one will be fine. I'd have ordinarily given it 4-stars. But...

There are so many editing issues. Being an author whose work I have enjoyed, I forgave the errors for quite a while before making notes in my Kindle edition.
  • Chapter 22 - One of our heroes encounters an enlisted person who starts the scene as a Private, becomes a Corporal (magically), and ends up as a Private by the end.
  • The word "and" is repeated in Chapter 24
  • Chapter 28 - There is a "The" that should be "They".
  • Same chapter - It should read "of its" rather than "its"
  • Chapter 30 - The phrase "the this". Either one works, but using both of them is wrong.
Poor editing gets in the way of a decent tale.

View all my reviews

No comments: