Sunday, January 29, 2023

A Quilt for Holly

 As detailed elsewhere, I had made a quilt for my sister-in-law Tracy.  It was supposed to be a Christmas present last year.  But my beloved bride wanted to give one to my sister-in-law Holly at the same time.  So off we went to the fabric store!

Oh the pain!  The torture!  To have to buy fabric!

The pattern is the same basic pattern that I used for Tracy's quilt.  The big difference was in the fabric.  Holly is a Detroit Lions fan.

The ever-stylish Holly modeling her quilt - click to embiggen

I did one thing differently on this quilt.  I always complain about using fabrics that are not dimensionally stable.  That fleecy backing material is no exception.

This time around, I used some spray adhesive to hold the backing material to the batting.  That made it quite dimensionally stable when I was quilting the layers together.

Merry Christmas, Holly!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice !