Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Review: Fairy Tale

Fairy TaleFairy Tale by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a 4-star review which appropriately represents my experience.

America's master storyteller is back at it. Gently sucking you into one of his fantastical worlds only to make to stick around while he maims and slaughters characters with sadistic glee for your reading pleasure. If you've read the summary, you have the tale's basic nuts and bolts.

I was in terms enthralled and amused as the story unfolded. In true Stephen King style, if you make it past the first few chapters, then you have to hang on to see how it ends.

The only criticism I can offer is that, at the end of the day, it is just another fairy tale. It is well told, but read this book once and you probably won't be back because there isn't anything truly groundbreaking in the telling of this story.



View all my reviews

No comments: