Monday, December 4, 2023

Spotify 2023

We have arrived at that time of year when Spotify rounds up the statistics related to my music listening over the last year.

It turns out that I have listened to 4,039 songs this year for a total of 31,783 minutes.  That works out to about 87 minutes per day.

Peak listening was on August 26th with 776 minutes or almost 13 hours in one day.  I was in the top 11% of listeners.  I promise to do better next year, Spotify.

I listened to 1189 artists.  Finding a new artist and doing a deep dive into their catalog is a favorite activity.

The band I listened to the most was Styx at 995 minutes.  I was in the top 0.5% of all Styx fans.

My top five artists:

  1. Styx
  2. Rush 
  3. Queen 
  4. K/DA 
  5. Van Halen 

The five songs that I played the most were by K/DA.  I blame YouTube.  The song/video Pop Stars was recommended to me last spring.  It is a very catchy tune with an awesome video.  Whenever I need a little pick-me-up, I add a little K/DA to the music queue.

My top five songs:

  1. Pop Stars by K/DA
  2. More by K/DA
  3. The Baddest by K/DA
  4. Drum Go Dum by K/DA
  5. I'll Show You by K/DA

You can see the whole wrap-up on Spotify here

No comments: