Monday, December 4, 2023

Review: MARVEL-VERSE: AMERICA CHAVEZ

MARVEL-VERSE: AMERICA CHAVEZMARVEL-VERSE: AMERICA CHAVEZ by Kieron Gillen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a 3-star DNF review.

I don't recall why I picked up this book. Someone was mentioning America Chavez as an underutilized character. I thought I'd give it a shot.

I enjoyed the artwork. It was pretty standard Marvel art. I enjoy standard Marvel art.

The story was OK. Not great, but enough that I'd usually keep moving on.

America has two moms. Ok.

Then there are two male characters that seem into each other. Ok.

Then America goes into a house flying a rainbow flag - to have a make-out session with her girlfriend.

A couple of those elements and I'd have continued on. Everyone has to make room for everyone else. But the book was turning into an identitarian screed bent on excluding non-gay characters while hiding behind the tatters of a superhero story.

Moving onto something better as quickly as possible. Dorothy Parker can have her fun.

View all my reviews

No comments: