Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Frankendann Rises

 As suggested a couple weeks ago, typing remains a bit difficult.  It is getting better.

The short version is that we were hosting a couple of dogs; one of whom decided that climbing a four-foot chain-link fence was an appropriate activity.  I disagreed and hauled her butt back off of the fence before she could leap into the neighbor's yard.

One of the ligaments or tendons in my left wrist thought that such an action was unwise.  I won the battle with the dog, but the wrist won the war.

I had reconstructive surgery a few weeks back.



So my summer will be consumed with a series of casts, braces, and exercises developed by the horned-one for his amusement.  I hope to get the pin removed in a couple of weeks.  The doc has assured me that the removal is very easy.  I'll feel a bit like Frankenstein in the meantime.

And here's the cause of all the trouble.  She's gone home now.  She's a very nice puppy...except for a few minutes last winter when she became just a bit too focused on climbing fences.



No comments: