Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Everybody Gets A Chance

My disagreements with Mr. Obama's policy are many.  Yet in a single moment in a single interview, he has offered me a modest reason for hope.


"What has always made this country great is the belief that everybody has got a chance," Obama said. "Regardless of race, regardless of creed." 
Indeed.  Disagreements, criticisms, and other acts of profunditerotery* aside, I remain proud of having Mr. Obama as my President.  I was proud of his predecessor as well, so I suppose the preceding won't mean much with some people.



*Nothing wrong with sacrificing a bit of the English language when it fails to provide more suitable fodder.  In this case, I thought of the following as I was typing.

  • profound - (what writer is not seeking a concise phrase that illuminates the human condition?)
  • pundit - (most bloggers carp a lot, too)
  • idiot - (the better bloggers will admit to moments of idiocy before all four limbs are tied behind their backs)
  • erotic - ('cause you always get accused of screwing someone)

No comments: