Monday, October 15, 2012

Your Neighborhood Quilter

Alright, y'all.  I need a little help figuring out how to assemble a quilt.  The options are below.  Let me know what you think in the comments.

This is the basic block.  It is roughly 21" x 21".

Option 1 - Everything pointed the same way.

Option 2 - Inboard pointed in, Outboard pointed out.

Option 3 - 4 Pack in/out

Option 4 - 4 Pack windmill

Option 5 - Small windmills
I will have the full story after the quilt is assembled and it the recipient has it.

3 comments:

Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

I'm partial to option 3 - tho, will it have an unbroken border outside the whole piece-as-shown? If not, option 1 looks neater because of the complete border.

Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

Well, not complete, but better integrated!

Dann said...

My beloved bride is also partial to option 3.

As it turns out, I am planning on using black with some detail pieces for the first border and then a thin strip of red for the outer border. The binding strip will be the black flowers. I'm hoping that the detail pieces (3" x 3") will pop the border.

So option 3 it is!